Updates for Patients and Communities
If you missed today’s webinar “Ensuring Patient Voices Are Heard: How Patients Can Contribute to the CADTH Symposium,” it will also be available in Events Archives.
Thank you for the many ideas offered by members of the CADTH Patient Community Liaison Forum, patient and public members of CADTH’s expert committees, and directors of CADTH programs, on our patient engagement framework and plans for a patient and community advisory group. We’re now directly reaching out to a wide range of patient and community groups to listen to their ideas on these initiatives. If you’re interested in being involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CADTH Program Updates
Pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR)
1. New and Outgoing pERC Members
CADTH is pleased to welcome the following new members to the pCODR Expert Review Committee (pERC):
- Dr. Christian Kollmannsberger, Oncologist
- Dr. Henry Conter, Oncologist
- Dominika Wranik, Health Economist
- Daryl Bell, Patient Member
CADTH thanks the following outgoing members of pERC for their hard work and dedication through the years:
- Carole McMahon, Patient Member
- Dr. Craig Earle, Oncologist
2. New PAC and PAG Members
CADTH is also pleased to welcome the following new members to the CADTH pCODR Advisory Committee (PAC) and the Provincial Advisory Group (PAG):
- Joanne Houlihan, Pharmacist, Systemic Therapy Program, Nova Scotia Cancer Care Program (PAC)
- Evan Ulmer, Director of Cancer Services and EMS, Saskatchewan Ministry of Health (PAC)
- Piotr Czaykowski, Chief Medical Officer, CancerCare Manitoba (PAC)
- Andrea Nagle, Pharmaceutical and Health Benefits, Alberta Health (PAG)
- Melanie Varughese, Pharmacy Manager, Cross Cancer Institute, Alberta Health Services (PAG)
Common Drug Review (CDR)
1. Joint CADTH-INESSS Engagement of Clinical Specialists
CADTH and the Institut national d’excellence en santé et en services sociaux (INESSS) are pleased to announce the details of a new pilot project to jointly engage with clinical specialists on selected drug product reviews.
2. New CDEC Members Appointed
CADTH is pleased to welcome three new members to its Canadian Drug Expert Committee (CDEC): Heather Neville, Dr. Rakesh Patel, and Dr. Emily Reynen. CADTH would like to thank outgoing members Dr. Kerry Mansell and Dr. Silvia Alessi-Severini for their valuable service and many contributions.
3. Posting Requests for Clarification
Effectively immediately, CADTH will post the details of any requests for clarification that are received during the CDR review process. This will include the questions filed by the jurisdictions and CDEC’s responses to the questions. Posting on the CADTH website will typically occur at the same time the CDEC Final Recommendation is posted. In accordance with the CADTH Common Drug Review Confidentiality Guidelines, manufacturers will have the opportunity to request the redaction of any confidential information prior to posting on the CADTH website.
Other Announcements and Initiatives
1. Webinar on Aligned Review Process
Health Canada, CADTH, and l’Institut national d’excellence en santé et en services sociaux (INESSS) have scheduled a webinar to describe the aligned review process in more detail, and answer questions about the initiative. The webinar is scheduled for September 26, 2018, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EDT and is open to all interested stakeholders. To participate, please send your name and email address to email@example.com. You may also send questions in advance to be answered by Health Canada, CADTH, and INESSS during the session. Participants will receive a confirmation email containing log-in information and an agenda.