CADTH is committed to supporting Canada’s health care decision-makers through this challenging and uncertain time.
Our COVID-19 evidence portal contains the latest COVID-19 information from CADTH and other respected organizations. Content is updated daily to reflect the rapidly changing and growing state of the international scientific evidence related to this disease.
The following is a summary of the most recent information posted to our COVID-19 portal.
- Register for this no-cost special webinar marking the inaugural World Evidence-Based Healthcare Day.
- We’ll be talking about the type of evidence used to make decisions, the utility of rapid reviews to support critically important policy and clinical decisions, and the level of risk decision-makers are willing to tolerate.
- Speakers include Dr. Christopher McCabe (Executive Director and CEO, Institute of Health Economics); Anne Hayes (Director, Research, Analysis and Evaluation Branch, Ontario Ministry of Health and Co-Chair of the Evidence Synthesis Network, and Member of the COVID-19 Advisory for Ontario Science Table); and Dr. Nicole Mittmann (CADTH Chief Scientist and Vice-President, Evidence Standards).
- Register for this no-cost talk about the many scientific publishing shifts happening in connection with the pandemic.
- Speakers include Leslie Weir (Librarian and Archivist of Canada; Chair, Open Science Roadmap Advisory Committee) and Dr. Margaret Sampson (Manager of Library Services, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario).
- This Rapid Response review looked for clinical evidence and evidence-based guidelines on ventilation-perfusion imaging for diagnosing pulmonary embolism during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Because the procedure often induces coughing in patients, there are concerns about its potential role in transmitting COVID-19 infection from patients to health care providers. However, no relevant evidence or evidence-based guidelines were identified.
Visit our news page to stay on top of all of the emerging information we are monitoring and updating. Here’s the latest news:
- Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab: SARS-CoV-2 Neutralizing Antibodies
On October 7, 2020, interim analysis results were released from a US study on severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) neutralizing antibodies.
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Device: PANBIO COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test
On October 5, 2020, Health Canada authorized this device.
- Covid-19 Rapid Testing Device: ID NOW
On September 30, 2020, Health Canada approved the Abbott ID NOW rapid COVID-19 testing device.
CADTH Literature Searching Tools
CADTH is pleased to showcase additional COVID-19 resources from our partner organizations, as well as from the Canadian federal, provincial, and territorial governments’ health jurisdictions:
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU NEED? LET US KNOW
Canadian ministries and departments of health, publicly funded organizations responsible for health service delivery, and clinical society stakeholders are encouraged to submit a request or contact their CADTH Liaison Officer. We’re here to help.
The CADTH Weekly COVID-19 Update is intended to keep you informed about the latest information posted on the CADTH COVID-19 portal. You’re receiving this update because you’ve subscribed to our CADTH e-alert system.