CADTH is committed to supporting Canada’s health care decision-makers through this challenging and uncertain time.
Our COVID-19 evidence portal contains the latest COVID-19 information from CADTH and other respected organizations. Content is updated daily to reflect the rapidly changing and growing state of the international scientific evidence related to this disease.
The following is a summary of the most recent information posted to our COVID-19 portal.
- Register to attend this free webinar moderated by CADTH’s Chief Scientist and Vice-President of Evidence Standards, Nicole Mittmann, to learn about the work underway to curtail the spread of misinformation. You’ll also get practical tips and tools to help find reliable sources of health information and evaluate their quality.
- Speakers include:
- Timothy Caulfield, Canada Research Chair in Health Law and Policy, Professor in the Faculty of Law and the School of Public Health, and Research Director of the Health Law Institute at the University of Alberta
- Barbara Greenwood-Dufour, Knowledge Mobilization Officer, CADTH.
- Patients hospitalized with COVID-19, particularly those in intensive care units, are at an increased risk for venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- CADTH’s Horizon Scan identified seventeen studies reporting on the frequency of VTE in patients hospitalized with COVID-19.
- The Horizon Scan also summarized Canadian and international guidance regarding the dose and duration of pharmacologic thromboprophylaxis for VTE prevention in patients with COVID-19 and listed clinical trials that are currently underway.
- This report provides information on randomized controlled trials of drugs being investigated for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19.
- As of May 28, 2020, a total of 92 ongoing drug trials related to COVID-19 are registered on the ClinicalTrials.gov website.
- Most of the trials are being conducted in adult patients who are hospitalized and six trials have Canadian study sites.
CADTH Literature Searching Tools
CADTH is pleased to showcase additional COVID-19 resources from our partner organizations, as well as from the Canadian federal, provincial, and territorial governments’ health jurisdictions:
Can't Find What You Need? Let Us Know.
Canadian ministries and departments of health, publicly funded organizations responsible for health service delivery, and clinical society stakeholders are encouraged to submit a request or contact their CADTH Liaison Officer. We’re here to help.
The CADTH Weekly COVID-19 Update is intended to keep you informed about the latest information posted on the CADTH COVID-19 portal. You’re receiving this update because you’ve subscribed to our CADTH e-alert system.