CADTH is committed to supporting Canada’s health care decision-makers through this challenging and uncertain time.
Our COVID-19 evidence portal contains the latest COVID-19 information from CADTH and other respected organizations. Content is updated daily to reflect the rapidly changing and growing state of the international scientific evidence related to this disease.
The following is a summary of the most recent information posted to our COVID-19 portal.
- There’s still time to register to attend this free CADTH webinar with guest speaker Timothy Caulfield, Canada Research Chair in Health Law and Policy, Professor in the Faculty of Law and the School of Public Health, and Research Director of the Health Law Institute at the University of Alberta.
- The event will be moderated by CADTH’s Chief Scientist and Vice-President of Evidence Standards, Nicole Mittman, and led by Barbara Greenwood-Dufour, CADTH Knowledge Mobilization Officer.
- This report provides information on ongoing randomized controlled trials of intravenous immune globulin and hyperimmune globulin being investigated for the treatment of COVID-19.
- This information is being updated every two weeks.
- Ongoing trials of convalescent plasma are addressed in separate CADTH reports.
- Convalescent plasma (CP) therapy is an intervention where plasma is collected from recovered COVID-19 patients in the hope that the disease-specific antibodies could help the recipient recover from COVID-19.
- Evidence on the effectiveness of CP therapy for the treatment of COVID-19 is still in the early stages.
- This report summarizes the current evidence and it will be updated monthly as a living review
CADTH Literature Searching Tools
CADTH is pleased to showcase additional COVID-19 resources from our partner organizations, as well as from the Canadian federal, provincial, and territorial governments’ health jurisdictions:
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU NEED? LET US KNOW.
Canadian ministries and departments of health, publicly funded organizations responsible for health service delivery, and clinical society stakeholders are encouraged to submit a request or contact their CADTH Liaison Officer. We’re here to help.
The CADTH Weekly COVID-19 Update is intended to keep you informed about the latest information posted on the CADTH COVID-19 portal. You’re receiving this update because you’ve subscribed to our CADTH e-alert system.