CADTH is committed to supporting Canada’s health care decision-makers through this challenging and uncertain time.
Our COVID-19 evidence portal contains the latest COVID-19 information from CADTH and other respected organizations. Content is updated daily to reflect the rapidly changing and growing state of the international scientific evidence related to this disease.
The following is a summary of the most recent information posted to our COVID-19 portal.
- Join us during Digital Health Week to hear from experts who have helped organizations shift to virtual care during the pandemic.
- Exploring what the evidence says about sustaining momentum, integration into our existing health care structure, patient and provider satisfaction, and efficiency in virtual care will all be part of the discussion.
- Speakers include Dr. Ann Collins (Canadian Medical Association), Dr. Robert Halpenny (British Columbia Medical Services Commission), and Mari Teitelbaum (Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario).
- Please register to participate (there is no cost).
- This report provides information on ongoing randomized controlled trials of drugs being investigated to treat or prevent COVID-19.
- It will be updated every two weeks. Ongoing trials of vaccines and plasma-based therapies are addressed in separate CADTH reports.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has been challenging for those living and working in long-term care (LTC) facilities.
- There has been uncertainty related to managing visitors to LTC, the psychological and social impact of isolation for LTC residents, and how best to support LTC staff during this pandemic.
- To help support health care decision-makers facing these issues, CADTH undertook a series of literature searches. These reports are customized summaries of the results of a literature search related to topics in LTC and, while they may have a limited application beyond this context, they provide a snapshot of the evidence at the time of the searches.
Visit our news page to stay on top of all of the emerging information we are monitoring and updating. Here are the highlights of the latest news:
- SARS-CoV-2 Neutralizing Antibodies: FDA issues EUA for bamlanivimab
On November 9, 2020, the US FDA issued an emergency use authorization for the investigational monoclonal antibody therapy bamlanivimab.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate: BNT162b2
On November 9, 2020, a press release was made available about the first interim analysis results of a messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA)-based COVID-19 vaccine candidate.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate: Sputnik V (Gam-COVID-Vac)
On November 11, 2020, the interim analysis results from a phase III, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was revealed.
- Government of Canada: Preliminary Guidance on Early COVID-19 Immunization
On November 3, 2020, the National Advisory Committee on Immunization, an advisory body to the Public Health Agency of Canada, published a preliminary guidance policy for the allocation of the COVID-19 vaccine.
CADTH Literature Searching Tools
CADTH is pleased to showcase additional COVID-19 resources from our partner organizations, as well as from the Canadian federal, provincial, and territorial governments’ health jurisdictions:
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU NEED? LET US KNOW
Canadian ministries and departments of health, publicly funded organizations responsible for health service delivery, and clinical society stakeholders are encouraged to submit a request or contact their CADTH Liaison Officer. We’re here to help.
The CADTH Weekly COVID-19 Update is intended to keep you informed about the latest information posted on the CADTH COVID-19 portal. You’re receiving this update because you’ve subscribed to our CADTH e-alert system.