CADTH is committed to supporting Canada’s health care decision-makers through this challenging and uncertain time.
Our COVID-19 Evidence Portal contains the latest COVID-19 information from CADTH and other respected organizations. Content is updated daily to reflect the rapidly changing and increasing international scientific evidence related to this disease.
The following is a summary of the most recent information posted to our COVID-19 portal.
- There’s still time to register (no cost) to hear our panel of experts discuss the latest research about how heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems contribute to either spreading or mitigating the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
- Speakers include William (Bill) Dean (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc.), Dr. David Fisman (University of Toronto), and Dr. Jason Kindrachuk (University of Manitoba).
- This report provides information on ongoing randomized controlled trials of intravenous immune globulin and hyperimmune globulin that are being investigated for the management of COVID-19.
- It will be updated every month.
- Ongoing trials of convalescent plasma are addressed in separate CADTH reports.
- This report provides information on ongoing randomized controlled trials of drugs being investigated to treat or prevent COVID-19.
- It will be updated every two weeks.
- Ongoing trials of vaccines and plasma-based therapies are addressed in separate CADTH reports.
Visit our news page to stay on top of all of the emerging information we are monitoring and updating. Here are the highlights of the latest news:
- SARS-CoV-2 Neutralizing Antibodies: Casirivimab and Imdevimab (REGN-COV2)
On November 21, 2020, the FDA in the US issued an emergency use authorization for REGN-COV2 to treat high-risk patients with mild to moderate COVID-19.
On November 19, 2020, the FDA issued an emergency use authorization for baricitinib in combination with remdesivir for the treatment of suspected or laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 in hospitalized adults and pediatric patients.
- Inhaled Interferon Beta-1a, (SNG001)
On November 12, 2020, the results of a multi-centre, phase II, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial (NCT04385095) study that compared an inhaled interferon beta-1a formulation, SNG001, against placebo were published.
- SARS-CoV2 Neutralizing Antibody: Health Canada Authorizes Bamlanivimab With Conditions
On November 20, 2020, Health Canada issued an authorization for bamlanivimab for the treatment of patients who are at high risk of progressing to severe COVID-19 illness and/or hospitalization.
CADTH Literature Searching Tools
CADTH is pleased to showcase additional COVID-19 resources from our partner organizations and the Canadian federal, provincial, and territorial governments’ health jurisdictions:
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU NEED? LET US KNOW
Canadian ministries and departments of health, publicly funded organizations responsible for health service delivery, and clinical society stakeholders are encouraged to submit a request or contact their CADTH Liaison Officer. We’re here to help.
The CADTH Weekly COVID-19 Update is intended to keep you informed about the latest information posted on the CADTH COVID-19 portal. You’re receiving this update because you’ve subscribed to our CADTH e-alert system.