When it comes to diabetic foot ulcers, the screening and identification of wounds and the availability and number of treatment options may seem overwhelming. Join CADTH and Continuing Education and Development for Nurses (CEDN) for a webinar on the current evidence on treatments for diabetic foot ulcers, their availability in Saskatchewan and a clinical perspective on realities of working with patients with diabetic foot ulcers. This presentation will be of interest to nurses, physicians, allied health professionals, researchers, educators, administrators, and Health Sciences students.
- Screening and risk assessment of patients with diabetes
- Examine the evidence for several different treatment options, including emerging technologies
- Common implementation issues for clinicians
- Clinical perspectives from real-world experiences
- Allison Freedman, interim Saskatchewan Liaison Officer, CADTH
- Michelle Heidel, RN, BSN, IIWCC, Saskatchewan Health Authority