Hospira Plum A+ Infusion Pumps and Mednet Software: Guidelines and Clinical Effectiveness, Safety, and Cost-effectiveness
Last updated: September 5, 2008
Research Type: Devices and Systems
Result type: Report
- What is the clinical effectiveness and safety of the Hospira Plum A+ infusion pump and MedNet computer software compared with other similar infusion pumps and software?
- How does the level of free-flow protection in this pump compare to other free-flow protected pumps?
- What is the safety of the needleness CLAVE connectors in the intravenous tubing used with the Hospira Plum A+ pump compared with the connectors used in the IV tubing with other infusion pumps (from an infection control perspective)?
- What is the cost-effectiveness of the Hospira Plum A+ infusion pump and the MedNet software program compared with other infusion pumps and their corresponding software programs?
- Are there clinical practice guidelines that recommend what type of infusion pumps and software programs should be used to reduce medical errors and improve patient safety?