DRUG REIMBURSEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
CADTH Common Drug Review
- Brivaracetam (Brivlera): Epilepsy, partial-onset seizures
HEALTH TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT PRODUCTS
Reports completed in January 2017.
Recent summaries of evidence with critical appraisals include:
- Buprenorphine for Chronic Pain: A Review of the Clinical Effectiveness
- Topical NSAIDs Versus Opioids for Acute Musculoskeletal Pain: A Review of the Clinical Effectiveness
- Recognition and Diagnosis of Sepsis in Adults: A Review of Evidence-Based Guidelines
- Idarucizumab for Reversing Anticoagulation in Adults Treated with Dabigatran: A Review of the Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-effectiveness, and Guidelines
Issues in Emerging Health Technology
NEWS & EVENTS
Read our February Evidence Matters column in Hospital News, “Diagnosing the flu on the fly: Point-of-care tests for influenza.”
Ken Bond, CADTH Director, Patient Engagement, Ethics, and International Affairs, co-authored the article, “Quality Assessment of Ethics Analyses for Health Technology Assessment,” published in the International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care.
CADTH is presenting a Network Meta-Analysis Workshop in Ottawa from February 22 to 24, 2017, led by Dr. George Wells.
The Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies (CAPCA) is hosting roundtables to bring stakeholders together for an in-person discussion about the sustainability of cancer drug funding in Canada. The roundtables will take place in Vancouver, British Columbia, on February 27, 2017, and Toronto, Ontario, on March 2, 2017. If you’re interested in participating, please contact Keltie Gale at email@example.com and she will follow up with additional details.
The 2017 Preventing Overdiagnosis conference, Towards Responsible Global Solutions, will be held in Quebec City, from August 17 to 19, 2017.
CSA Group (Canadian Standards Association) has two draft standards related to kidney dialysis ready for public review. To review the drafts and post comments, visit the CSA Group draft review site at the links provided below. Public review comments will be accepted until end of day February 16, 2017.
- CSA Standard Z364.5: Safe installation and operation of hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis in a home setting (a new edition)
- CSA Standard Z364.6: Quality management for kidney dialysis providers (a new standard)
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.