News and Events
Registration is now open for CADTH’s Symposium 2020! Take this opportunity to connect with Canadian and international experts in the objective assessment and evaluation of health technologies in April in Toronto, Ontario. We have added an additional full day of thought-provoking and interactive workshops to the program for a total of four days of education, information sharing, and networking. Visit our registration page for more information.
Did you miss the deadline to submit your abstract for CADTH’s Symposium? A call for late-breaking abstracts will be announced next week on our website and through our email newsletter.
Join CADTH on March 5th, 2020, for our second lecture of the year with Dr. Lauren Cipriano. Dr. Cipriano was the 2018 winner of CADTH’s Dr. Maurice McGregor Award for Health Technology Assessment. Registration for her lecture, Cost-Effectiveness of Naloxone Kits in Canadian High Schools and Community Centre Settings, is now open.
Save the date on March 16th for a webinar entitled Non-Pharmacological Interventions for Chronic Non-Cancer Pain: Acupuncture. Because of the prevalence and burden of chronic pain, and the associated opioid crisis in our country, health professionals are looking for non-pharmacological treatment options to recommend to their patients. Stay tuned for more information.
Drug Reimbursement Recommendations
CADTH recently issued the following CADTH Canadian Drug Expert Committee (CDEC) drug reimbursement recommendations:
- Cyclosporine (Verkazia) for severe pediatric vernal keratoconjunctivitis
- Glucagon (Baqsimi) for severe hypoglycemic reactions
CADTH recently issued the following CADTH pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR) Expert Review Committee (pERC) drug reimbursement recommendations:
- Keytruda (Pembrolizumab) for squamous non–small-cell lung carcinoma
CADTH recently completed the following reports:
- Utilization of Innovator Biologics and Biosimilars for Chronic Inflammatory Diseases in Canada: A Provincial Perspective – Report
Issues in Emerging Health Technologies
Rapid Response Reports — Drug
- Acetylcysteine for Neuromuscular Disorder Patients Requiring Mucus Secretion Clearance: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Reference List
- Metadol Liquid, Methadose, and Compounded Methadone in Patients Using Opioid Agonist Therapy: Comparative Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines - An Update – Reference List
- Clozapine Initiation for Schizophrenia: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary With Critical Appraisal
Rapid Response Reports — Medical Devices and Systems
- Lancets for Point of Care and Capillary Blood Testing: Guidelines – Reference List
- Elevated Vacuum Suspension Systems for Adults with Amputation: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Fall Prevention Strategies in Obstetric Populations: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Summary tool: In Brief: Dosing and Timing of Immuno-Oncology Drugs
- Summary tool: Codeine for Acute Pain: A Synopsis of the Evidence
- New Evidence Bundle: Evidence on Topics Related to Aging and Health
- Hospital News article: Tech to support aging in place: Help on the horizon?
- In Brief: Genome-Wide Sequencing for Unexplained Developmental Delays and Multiple Congenital Anomalies
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.