DRUG REIMBURSEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
CADTH Common Drug Review
CDR Update — Issue 136: Highlights in this issue include details about the updated CADTH Canadian Drug Expert Committee meeting schedule, an updated Advance Notification Form, an update on drug plan participation in pre-submission meetings, and details about pending changes to the Key Milestone Table to include the names of patient groups who have provided input on active reviews.
CADTH pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR)
- Opdivo (Nivolumab): Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma after failure of ASCT
- Kisqali (Ribociclib): Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Lartruvo (Olaratumab): Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcoma (STS)
- Stivarga (Regorafenib): Unresectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC)
Cancer Drug Pipeline Information
The Cancer Drug Pipeline Information for Patient Groups is updated each month.
Read the latest “Evidence Matters” column in Hospital News: “IVIG: Panacea or pricey placebo?”
Resources to Address the Opioid Crisis
At the 2018 CADTH Symposium, we dedicated a concurrent session to include four oral presentations related to the opioid crisis. Slides and the recording from this session are available online for on-demand viewing. The featured topics are:
- The Prescription Side of the Opioid Crisis: Supporting New Brunswick Prescribers and Clinicians in Appropriate Use, Monitoring, and Patient Management
- Cost-Effectiveness of Hydromorphone for Long-Term Opioid Dependence: Findings from the SALOME Randomized Controlled Trial
- Migraine Treatment Patterns and Opioid Use Among Chronic and Episodic Migraine Patients Identified by a Clinician-Administered Semi-Structured Diagnostic Interview
- Clinical Indications for Initiating Opioids for Pain Management in Ontario, Canada: A Population-Based Cohort Study
Buprenorphine hydrochloride for opioid dependence Buprenorphine hydrochloride (Probuphine) was reviewed at the May 16, 2018 meeting of the CADTH Canadian Drug Expert Committee. For details about this drug review, see the Key Milestones table.
Tapentadol hydrochloride for severe pain Tapentadol hydrochloride (Nucynta) will be reviewed at the September 19, 2018 meeting of the CADTH Canadian Drug Expert Committee. For details about this drug review, see the Key Milestones table.
HEALTH TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT PRODUCTS
Reports completed in May.
Recent Summaries of Evidence With Critical Appraisals Include:
- Off-Label Use of Intravenous Immunoglobulin for Recurrent Spontaneous Abortion: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness
- Belimumab Treatment for Adults with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines
- Suicide-Specific Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Suicidal Crisis: Clinical Effectiveness
- Radiation Protection and Safety: Awareness and Implementation of the Bonn Call for Action Priorities in Canada
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery: Implementation Considerations
CADTH is currently conducting two Environmental Scans — Detection and Diagnosis of Sepsis in Rural and Remote Areas: An Environmental Scan and Ankyloglossia Diagnosis and Treatment in Canada: Current Practices. Surveys have been distributed to key stakeholders. If you are interested in learning more about these projects or in contributing to the surveys, please get in touch with the project teams via email@example.com.
Methods and Guidelines
NEWS & EVENTS
HTAi 2018 Vancouver
CADTH was pleased to co-host the HTAi 2018 Annual Meeting June 1 to 5, 2018, in Vancouver.
The Canadian Pharmacists Conference 2018 was held in Fredericton, New Brunswick, June 2 to 5, 2018.
Presented by the Canadian College of Health Leaders and HealthCareCAN, the National Health Leadership Conference was held in St. John's, Newfoundland, June 4 to 5, 2018.
CADTH is pleased to be attending the Canadian Health Libraries Association CHLA/ABSC 2018 Annual Conference in St. John's, Newfoundland, June 15 to 18, 2018.
The 2018 Canadian Nurses Association Biennial Convention is being held in Ottawa, Ontario, June 18 to 20, 2018.
Dr. Tammy Clifford, CADTH’s Chief Scientist and Vice-President, Evidence Standards, will be speaking at an event hosted by the Canadian Association for Healthcare Reimbursement on market access on June 19, 2018, in Toronto.
Save the date in 2019! Our 2019 CADTH Symposium will be held in Edmonton, Alberta, April 14 to 16, 2019. Stay tuned for more details closer to the date.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.