News and Events
CADTH Symposium 2021 — Call for Abstracts
CADTH is now accepting abstracts for the 2021 CADTH Symposium. This year’s theme is Uncertain Times, Imperfect Evidence, and the Imperative to Act. Topics relevant to this theme include, but are not limited to, real-world evidence, virtual health care, and drugs for rare diseases. The Call for Abstracts submission deadline is Tuesday, June 22, 2021.
CADTH Symposium 2021 — Call for Abstract Reviewers
OCADTH is looking for volunteers to review abstracts for the 2021 CADTH Symposium. This is a great way to participate in developing a stellar program that will feature relevant and engaging topics in a wide variety of formats: workshops, oral presentations, poster presentations, panel discussions, debates, and breakfast sessions. If you’re interested in joining the Abstract Review Committee, deadline to submit your application by Tuesday, June 22, 2021.
New Report with Choosing Wisely Canada Highlights Recommendations to Reduce Low-Value Care Post-Pandemic
A new report from Choosing Wisely Canada (CWC) and CADTH looks ahead to post-pandemic health care in Canada. The report highlights consensus on evidence-based recommendations to reduce low-value care when health systems are ready to gradually resume the services and procedures that were put on hold due to COVID-19.
“CADTH in Conversation with…” - a new CADTH speaker series
CADTH is excited to announce a new speaker series called “CADTH in Conversation with…”. This series features our President and CEO, Suzanne McGurn, talking to leading Canadian and global decision-makers in health care, value assessment, and health technology management. Stay tuned for the official launch in the fall of 2021.
Want to learn more about our work on COVID-19? Visit our CADTH COVID Evidence Portal.
CADTH REIMBURSEMENT REVIEWS
CADTH recently issued the following reimbursement recommendations:
- Ranolazine (Corzyna) - Stable angina pectoris, adults
- Brigatinib (Alunbrig) for Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase Positive Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Polatuzumab Vedotin (Polivy) for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
- Niraparib (Zejula) for first line Ovarian Cancer
- Olaparib (Lynparza) for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Sonidegib (Odomzo) for Basal Cell Carcinoma
- unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma — Provisional Funding Algorithm
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia — Provisional Funding Algorithm
CADTH HEALTH TECHNOLOGY REVIEWS
CADTH recently published the following health technology reviews:
- Tuberculosis Screening for People with Chronic Conditions — Rapid Review
- Visual Examination Frequency for People Taking Ethambutol for Tuberculosis — Rapid Review
- Conventional Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis — Rapid Review
- Treat and Release for Patients Requiring Emergency Medical Services — Rapid Review
- Interferon Gamma Release Assay for Identifying Latent Tuberculosis Infection in People With Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Vaccination — Rapid Review
- Abiraterone Acetate for Metastatic Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer — Rapid Review with Expert Input
- Overview of Formulary Management Practices of Publicly Funded Provincial and Territorial Drug Plans — Environmental Scan
- Electronic Aids to Daily Living — Environmental Scan
- Framework for Drugs for Rare Diseases — Environmental Scan
- Single-Entry Models in Surgical Services — Policy Insight
- Evidence Update on Direct Oral Anticoagulants for Atrial Fibrillation
- Analysis of FPT Formulary Harmonization: Specialty Care Medications
CADTH REFERENCE LISTS
CADTH recently completed the following reference lists:
- Midazolam for Patients in Palliative Care — Reference List
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Adults and Children With Severe Hypoxic and Hypercarbic Respiratory Failure — Reference List
- Low-Dose 5-Year Intrauterine Devices for Treatment of Endometriosis — Reference List
- Pharmacological and Non-Pharmacological Vaping Cessation Interventions for Youth —Reference List
- Transitional Pain Services for Patients Undergoing Surgery — Summary of Abstracts
- Nasal Cannula Combined With Non-Rebreather Masks for Delivery of Oxygen for Delivery of Oxygen — Summary of Abstracts
- Management of Patients Co-Prescribed Benzodiazepines and Opioids — Summary of Abstracts
- Bupropion for Major Depressive Disorder, Dysthymia, or Treatment-Resistant Depression —Summary of Abstracts
- Strategies for the Reduction or Discontinuation of Opioids: A 2021 Update — Summary of Abstracts
- Confocal Microscopy for Diagnosis and Management of Neuropathic Corneal Pain — Summary of Abstracts
- Ozonated Sinks for Infection Prevention — Summary of Abstracts
- Switching From Reference to Biosimilar Filgrastim in Pediatric Patients — Summary of Abstracts
CADTH HORIZON SCANNING
CADTH recently published the following horizon scans:
OTHER CADTH TOOLS
CADTH recently developed the following tools:
- Hospital News articles:
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.