News and Events
New Recommendations on Remote Monitoring Programs for Chronic Cardiac Conditions Help Advance Effective Virtual Care
CADTH published new recommendations that offer advice to pan-Canadian health systems on how to implement remote monitoring programs for patients with chronic cardiac conditions. These recommendations emphasize patient, caregiver, and provider considerations; data and privacy; digital equity; and evaluation. The CADTH Health Technology Expert Review Panel (HTERP) developed these forward-looking recommendations to offer guidance on the design and implementation of remote monitoring programs. Learn more.
2021 CADTH Symposium: Thank You for Joining!
If you registered for the Symposium, don’t forget that you have access to all the content, on demand, for 3 months.
Meet Our New Board and Committee Members
CADTH Lecture With Dr. Wendy Ungar
November 25, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. EST
Economic Evaluation of Exome and Genome Sequencing in Child Health: Tracing the Sequence From Microcosting to Implementation
With a growing demand to use whole exome sequencing and genome sequencing as diagnostic tools in clinical practice, there is a pressing need to understand the true costs of these technologies and their cost-effectiveness compared with standard diagnostic approaches. This seminar will trace a health economic evidence development pathway for these technologies — from microcosting exome sequencing and genome sequencing platforms, and comparative economic evaluations of sequencing technologies in diagnosing complex childhood conditions, to assembling health technology assessment evidence for a funding recommendation, and finally to implementation and evaluation in Ontario. Register now.
2021‒2022 Virtual Workshop Series
Save the date for these upcoming workshops. Symposium registrants can attend our sessions at no cost:
- Wednesday, January 19, 2022 Rapid Reviews: From Decision Problem to Research and Decision-Making
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022 Conducting Economic Evaluations in Child Health
- Wednesday, February 2, 2022 Plain Language and Clearer Communication: Making Health Research Make Sense
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022 How to Use Statistical Methods and Person-Level Data in Economic Evaluations.
CADTH Reimbursement Reviews
We recently issued the following Reimbursement Recommendations:
- azacitidine (Onureg) for acute myeloid leukemia
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
We have published the following Health Technology Reviews:
- Pembrolizumab for Microsatellite Instability-High or Mismatch Repair Deficient Small Bowel Adenocarcinoma or Appendiceal Adenocarcinoma – Rapid Review
- Single-Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy for Chronic Wounds – Rapid Review
- Transcatheter Mitral Edge-to-Edge Repair in Patients with Primary or Secondary Mitral Regurgitation – Rapid Review
- Phosphodiesterase Type 5 Inhibitors for the Treatment of Secondary Raynaud Phenomenon and Digital Ulcers – Rapid Review
- Chlorhexidine Oral Care in Critically Ill Adults – Rapid Review
- Bone Growth Stimulators for Treatment of Adults with Bone Disease or Injury – Rapid Review
CADTH Reference Lists
We have published the following Reference Lists:
- Pharmacologic Interventions for the Treatment of Opioid-Induced Hyperhidrosis
- Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin Therapy for Primary and Secondary Immune Deficiency Diseases
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin Therapy for Primary and Secondary Immune Deficiency Diseases
- Replacement of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Machines and Supplies
- Antibiotic Solutions for Surgical Irrigation
- Sound Masking Devices for Tinnitus in People Without Hearing Loss
- Rotational Thromboelastometry in Adult Patients Presenting with Trauma
- Digital Pathology Using Primary Case Sign-out
- Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin Therapy for Neurological and Autoimmune Conditions
- Oxytocin Administration for Labour Induction and Augmentation
Other CADTH Tools
Hospital News Article:
- Psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy: Should we alter our perception of psychedelics for clinical use?
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.