News and Events
Aligned Drug Reimbursement Review Process Announced
- CADTH has taken a significant step forward in making its Pharmaceutical Reviews program more cohesive, transparent, and responsive by establishing a harmonized review process for any drug product that is submitted to CADTH for assessment. Read our announcement.
October 20th – How COVID-19 Is Changing the Evidence Landscape
- Has COVID-19 changed the evidence landscape paradigm? What is the utility of rapid reviews to support critically important policy and clinical decisions? What level of risk are decision-makers willing to tolerate?
- On October 20th, join CADTH CEO Suzanne McGurn as she moderates a candid discussion with leading experts Dr. Christopher McCabe, Anne Hayes, and Dr. Nicole Mittmann.
- Visit our website to register.
October 27th – Open Science: COVID-19 and Beyond
- Is the open science model here to stay? What are the consequences of bypassing or accelerating the peer-review process?
- On October 27th, join us for an in-depth discussion with Leslie Weir, Librarian and Archivist of Canada, and Dr. Margaret Sampson, Manager of Library Service at CHEO.
- Visit our website to register.
Resuming CADTH Scientific Advice Activities
- We resumed accepting applications to our Scientific Advice program on October 1, 2020. Learn more or contact email@example.com if you have questions.
Have You Registered for the 2020 Virtual CADTH Symposium?
- Join us on November 9 and 10 for the first-ever virtual CADTH Symposium. And watch for future announcements about a series of monthly workshops we’ll be hosting.
- Visit the CADTH Symposium website for more information.
Save the Date — October 30 GIN North America Virtual Systematic Review Research Day
- Hear from experts across a breadth of topics relevant to the production of systematic reviews. This event will provide a venue for collaboration and dissemination.
- Visit the Guidelines International Network website for details on how to register.
Want to learn more about our work on COVID-19? Visit our CADTH COVID Evidence portal.
CADTH Reimbursement Reviews
CADTH recently issued the following reimbursement recommendations:
- enzalutamide (Xtandi) for genitourinary metastatic castration sensitive prostate cancer (mCSPC).
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
CADTH recently published the following health technology reviews:
- Remdesivir: Evidence Review and Appraisal — Health Technology Review
- Non-Invasive Ventilation With Helmets for Acute Respiratory Distress Due to COVID-19 – Health Technology Update
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Systems in Public Spaces — Health Technology Review
- Ongoing Trials of Plasma-Based Therapies for the Treatment of COVID-19 (Updated on September 24, 2020) — Health Technology Review
- Ongoing Trials for Drugs in the Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 (Updated September 25, 2020) — Health Technology Review
- Robotic Systems for Disinfecting Surfaces in Hospital Rooms and Other Health Care Environments — Health Technology Update
- Flash Glucose Monitoring System FreeStyle Libre to Monitor Glycemia in Patients With Diabetes — Technology Review
- Tocilizumab for the Treatment and Prevention of COVID-19: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness — Technology Review
- Interventions for the Prevention of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Sudden Unexplained Death in Infancy: A Review of Guidelines — Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Nusinersen for Adolescents and Adults with Spinal Muscular Atrophy: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness — Peer-Reviewed Summary With Critical Appraisal.
CADTH Reference Lists
CADTH recently completed the following reference lists:
- Virtual Health Care for Adults with Schizophrenia and/or Psychosis: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines — Reference List
- Positron Emission Tomography–Computed Tomography versus Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Adult Patients with Suspected Cardiac Sarcoidosis: Clinical Utility, Cost-Effectiveness, and Diagnostic Accuracy — Reference List
- Management of Discontinued Treatment for Tuberculosis: Guidelines — Summary of Abstracts
- Asynchronous Teledermatology Consultations Using Store-and-Forward Technology: Diagnostic Accuracy, Clinical Utility, and Cost-Effectiveness — Summary of Abstracts
- Triage Tools and Management Algorithms for Colorectal Cancer Screening: Guidelines —Summary of Abstracts
- Bariatric Patient Transportation Services: Guidelines — Summary of Abstracts
- Triage Tools and Management Algorithms for Colorectal Cancer Screening: Guidelines — Summary of Abstracts
CADTH Horizon Scanning
CADTH recently published the following horizon scans:
- Fecal Microbiota Therapy in Canada: Barriers and Facilitators to Access — Environmental Scan
- Wearable Devices for Monitoring and Detecting COVID-19 Symptoms — Horizon Scan
- Rapid Point-of-Care Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2 Infection — Horizon Scan
- CADTH Emerging Health Technology for COVID-19: Sarilumab — Horizon Scan
- Enablers for Virtual Visits — CADTH Policy Insights
Other CADTH Tools
CADTH recently developed the following tools:
- Hospital News article: Managing severe symptoms of alcohol withdrawal: Benzodiazepine alternatives
- KM Tools: Acute Pain Management: Non-Pharmacological Interventions
- COVID-19 Tool: What You Should Know About Drug Treatments for COVID-19 (updated)
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.