News and Events
CADTH COVID-19 Webinar: The Implications of Long COVID
Long COVID is a serious public health concern with major implications for the delivery of health care services long after the pandemic is over. Join our panel of experts as they discuss what we know so far about long COVID, provide an update on long COVID clinics in Canada, and share views on what needs to be done to ensure quality of care as the number of “long haulers” grows. Registration is required.
2021 CADTH Symposium: Register Now and View Our Preliminary Program
Join the Canadian and global health technology assessment community for the 2021 CADTH Symposium. This year’s theme is Uncertain Times, Imperfect Evidence, and the Imperative to Act. The event will be held online on November 2 to 4. Registration is now open.
New episode: CADTH in Conversation With...Wendy Levinson, MD, OC
In this episode of “CADTH in Conversation With…” Suzanne and Dr. Levinson discuss the role of Choosing Wisely Canada at the intersection of health policy, evidence-based medicine, health technology assessment, and physician and clinician leadership. You can now listen to the recording on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google, or online on our Simplecast site. And don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss upcoming episodes.
2021 Virtual Workshop Series: An Introduction to Health Technology Assessment and Health Technology Management
CADTH is excited to officially start the 2021 Virtual Workshop Series on Thursday, October 28. In this first workshop, participants will gain a better understanding of what Health Technology Assessment and Health Technology Management are, become more familiar with key concepts and terminology, and learn the role of common analytic and deliberative approaches. Registration is now open.
CADTH Reimbursement Reviews
We recently issued the following Reimbursement Recommendations:
- Liraglutide (Saxenda) for Chronic weight management in adults
- budesonide / glycopyrronium / formoterol fumarate (Breztri Aerosphere) for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Risperidone (Perseris) for Schizophrenia
- Givosiran (Givlaari) for Acute hepatic porphyria (AHP) in adults
- elexacaftor / tezacaftor / ivacaftor and ivacaftor (Trikafta) for Cystic fibrosis, F508del CFTR mutation
- Larotrectinib (Vitrakvi) for Solid tumours with NTRK gene fusion
- decitabine and cedazuridine (Inqovi) for Leukemia
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
We have published the following Health Technology Reviews:
- Newer Biologics for the Treatment of Plaque Psoriasis – Rapid Review
- Total Parenteral Nutrition for Neonates – Rapid Review
- Heart Function Clinics for Patients with Heart Failure – Rapid Review
- Occupational Screening for Latent Tuberculosis Infection – Rapid Review
- Hip Protectors for Community-Dwelling Older Adults – Rapid Review
- Anesthesia Care Provided by Nurses – Rapid Review
- Sotrovimab for the Treatment of COVID-19 – Rapid Review
CADTH Horizon Scans
We have published the following Horizon Scans:
- Neuromodulation Technologies for the Treatment of Alzheimer Disease
- Pharyngeal Electrical Stimulation Device for the Treatment of Dysphagia Associated With Neurologic Conditions
CADTH Reference Lists
We have published the following reference lists:
- Patient-Controlled Analgesia in the Emergency Department
- Biosimilar Enoxaparin for the Prevention or Treatment of Thrombosis and Cardiovascular Conditions
- Reference Filgrastim (Neupogen) for Pediatric Patients With Cancer
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs
- HPV Self-Sampling for Primary Cervical Cancer Screening: A 2021 Update
- Fecal Microbiota Transplant for Recurrent Clostridioides Difficile Infection
Other CADTH Tools
CADTH recently developed the following tools:
- Interventions to Address and Prevent Violence Toward Health Care Workers in the Emergency Department
Hospital News article:
- Psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy: Should we alter our perception of psychedelics for clinical use?
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.