News and Events
Core Principles for Deliberative Processes in HTA
A new article summarizes discussions held at the 2020 HTAi Global Policy Forum about the core principles for deliberative processes in HTA.Read more on our website.
2020 CADTH Symposium
Great news – our 2020 Symposium will now be held virtually on November 9 and 10. A Call for Abstracts on COVID-19 topics will be announced in the coming days. For more information visit theCADTH Symposium Website. And, leading up to the event, watch for announcements about a series of monthly workshops we’ll be hosting.
On September 23 we’ll delve into the evidence on physical activity for chronic, non-cancer pain with three experts. Join us for a discussion on using a multifaceted approach for treating chronic pain.Visit our website to learn more and register for this event that will be of interest to nurses, physicians, allied health professionals, researchers, educators, administrators, and health sciences students.
Want to learn more about our work on COVID-19? Visit our COVID Evidence portal.
CADTH Reimbursement Reviews
CADTH recently issued the following reimbursement recommendations:
- caplacizumab (Cablivi) for acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (aTTP)
- eculizumab (Soliris) for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder
- pembrolizumab (Keytruda) for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC).
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
CADTH recently published the following health technology reviews:
- Chloroquine or Hydroxychloroquine to Prevent or Treat COVID-19 – Health Technology Review
- Lopinavir-Ritonavir for the Treatment and Prevention of COVID-19: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness – Health Technology Review
- Ongoing Trials of Plasma-Based Therapies for the Treatment of COVID-19 (Updated on August 24, 2020) – Health Technology Review
- Convalescent Plasma Therapy for the Treatment of COVID-19: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness (updated August 26, 2020) – Health Technology Review
- Ongoing Trials for Drugs in the Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 (Updated August 28, 2020) – Health Technology Review
- Ongoing Trials for Novel Vaccines in the Prevention of COVID-19 – Health Technology Review
- A Virtual Waiting Room? Technologies That Limit Contact While Maintaining Patient Flow in Medical Practice Settings – Health Technology Update
- Salt-Based Technologies to Help Stop the Spread of the Coronavirus – Health Technology Update
- e-Consult for Primary Care Clinician Access to Specialists – Health Technology Assessment
- Acetylsalicylic Acid for Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Total Hip or Knee Replacement: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Sex Offender Treatment Programs Delivered In-Person or Virtually for Adults Convicted of Sexual Offences in Various Settings: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Ketamine for Sedation During Bronchoscopy Procedures: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Safety, and Guidelines – Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Short-Acting Sedative Agents During Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Pegylated Interferon Alfa 2a Therapy in Patients with Myeloproliferative Disorders: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness – Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Ondansetron in Patients Requiring Anti-Emetics: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Summary With Critical Appraisal
CADTH Reference Lists
CADTH recently completed the following reference lists:
- Resumption of Routine Cancer Screening during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Guidelines – Reference List
- Face Shields in Pre-Hospital Settings: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Reference List
- Telehealth-Delivered Supervised Consumption Services: Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Reference List
- Once-Weekly Isoniazid and Rifapentine for 12 Weeks for the Treatment of Latent Tuberculosis Infection: Clinical Utility and Cost-Effectiveness – Reference List
- Montelukast for Patients with Asthma: Clinical Effectiveness – Reference List
- Interferon Gamma Release Assay for the Identification of Latent Tuberculosis Infection in People with Previous Bacille Calmette-Guérin Vaccination: Clinical Utility, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Prevention Strategies for Recurrent Tuberculosis: Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Day Treatment Programs for Adults with Mental Health Disorders: Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Transfer of Acutely Ill Pediatric Patients using Pediatric Transport Teams: Clinical Evidence and Guidelines – A 2020 Update – Summary of Abstracts
- Interferon Gamma Release Assay for the Identification of Latent Tuberculosis Infection in Rural and Remote Settings: Clinical Utility, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Oral Health-Related Quality of Life Measures as Risk Assessment Tools in Children: Diagnostic Accuracy, Clinical Utility, and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Shortened Drug Regimens for the Treatment of Active Tuberculosis: Clinical Effectiveness – Summary of Abstracts
- Triage Tools and Management Algorithms for Colorectal Cancer Screening: Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
CADTH Horizon Scanning
CADTH recently published the following horizon scans:
- Models of Care for Chronic Pain: An Environmental Scan – Environmental Scan
- Comparative Assessment of Coverage Criteria for Biologic Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs Across Canadian Public Drug Plans - Environmental Scan
- Technologies to Address the Negative Effects of Social Isolation for Older Adults Living in Long-Term Care – Horizon Scan
- CADTH Emerging Health Technology for COVID-19: Favipiravir – Horizon Scan
Other CADTH Tools
CADTH recently developed the following tools:
- Hospital News article: Can antibodies in the blood of recovered individuals help COVID-19 patients?
- In Brief: Conservative Management for Chronic Kidney Disease
- COVID-19 Tool: What You Should Know About Dexamethasone for Treating COVID-19
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.