Patient groups that provide input into drug reviews conducted by the CADTH pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR) program now have a new resource available to them.
The new Patient Evidence Submission Tip Sheet for a pCODR drug review offers guidance on the type of information that should be included in a patient-group input submission and how it can best be presented. The tip sheet is based on reflections and suggestions from the pCODR Expert Review Committee.
The goal of this new resource is to help patient groups effectively describe:
- how the information in their submission was gathered
- their experiences with a specific type of cancer
- the impact of therapy on caregivers
- their expectations with both current therapy and for the new treatment.
Development of this resource was funded by the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, and was created through an ongoing collaboration between the Canadian Cancer Action Network, the Canadian Centre for Applied Research in Cancer Control, and CADTH.
The Patient Evidence Submission Tip Sheet for a pCODR drug review, along with our previously released narrated presentations, and “A Guide for Patient Advocacy Groups: How to provide patient and caregiver input for a pCODR drug review” document are intended to help patient groups with their evidence submissions and make it easier for them to participate in the pCODR process. These resources reflect a shared commitment to collaboration and to exploring innovative ways to support and engage the patient community.
To access all of these resources and find more information on how patient groups can provide feedback and input into the pCODR process, please visit our website.
Social Sharing — Help Us Spread the Word
Please help us share this resource widely with patients and patient groups by sharing it with your networks:
- New resource for patient groups will help enhance patient input submissions to the @CADTH_ACMTS pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review program. Learn more: http://bit.ly/2pOMDGB.
- Looking for guidance on your patient-group input submission to the CADTH pCODR program? New “Patient Evidence Submission Tip Sheet” can help — developed through an ongoing collaboration between @CADTH_ACMTS, @canceractionnet, and @CC_ARCC http://bit.ly/2pOMDGB
Questions? Please contact email@example.com. To receive future updates and announcements from CADTH, please subscribe to our E-Alerts.