CADTH is committed to supporting Canada’s health care decision-makers through this challenging and uncertain time.
Our COVID-19 Evidence Portal contains the latest COVID-19 information from CADTH and other respected organizations. Content is updated daily to reflect the rapidly changing and increasing international scientific evidence related to this disease.
The following is a summary of the most recent information posted to our COVID-19 portal.
- This report provides information on ongoing randomized controlled trials of drugs being investigated to treat or prevent COVID-19.
- It will be updated every two weeks.
- Ongoing trials of vaccines and plasma-based therapies are addressed in separate CADTH reports.
- This Horizon Scan report explores what we know about virus-neutralizing monoclonal antibodies, their mechanism of action and how they are administered, and which virus-neutralizing monoclonal antibodies are in clinical development for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- This report provides an overview of testing methods for COVID-19.
- A description of published clinical evidence and important considerations related to the potential implementation of these tests are provided.
- As demands for testing during the pandemic increases, this information may be of interest to health care decision-makers interested in learning more about the availability and variety of testing types and screening methods.
Visit our news page to stay on top of all of the emerging information we are monitoring and updating. Here are the highlights of the latest news:
- Health Canada Authorizes Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Tozinameran (BNT162b2)
On December 9, 2020, Health Canada issued an authorization with conditions under the COVID-19 Interim Order for the mRNA-based Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Tozinameran.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate: ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (AZD1222)
On November 19, 2020, preliminary findings were published of a single-blind, randomized, controlled, phase II/III trial (NCT04400838) investigating the adenovirus-vectored vaccine ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 compared with a control vaccine, MedACW.
CADTH Literature Searching Tools
CADTH is pleased to showcase additional COVID-19 resources from our partner organizations and the Canadian federal, provincial, and territorial governments’ health jurisdictions:
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU NEED? LET US KNOW
Canadian ministries and departments of health, publicly funded organizations responsible for health service delivery, and clinical society stakeholders are encouraged to submit a request or contact their CADTH Liaison Officer. We’re here to help.
The CADTH Weekly COVID-19 Update is intended to keep you informed about the latest information posted on the CADTH COVID-19 portal. You’re receiving this update because you’ve subscribed to our CADTH e-alert system.