Here you’ll find our best evidence on opioids, divided under the topics of Pain Treatment; Misuse, Overdose, and Harms; Opioid Use Disorder (Addiction); and Alternatives to Opioids. We update our Opioid Evidence Bundle regularly with more evidence, including rapid evidence reviews (Rapid Response reports), Environmental Scans, Horizon Scans, and our larger Optimal Use projects with expert recommendations.
Under CADTH’s “Tools and Resources,” you’ll find tools you can use to translate research into action as well as other, non-CADTH information from Choosing Wisely Canada and the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction.
We’ve selected the following materials to get you started:
- Codeine for Pain Related to Osteoarthritis of the Knee and Hip: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness (Summary With Critical Appraisal, December 14, 2020)
- Non-Drug Ways to Manage Chronic Pain (Tools, September 8, 2020)
- Injectable Opioid Agonist Treatment for Patients with Opioid Dependence: A Review of Clinical and Cost-Effectiveness (Summary with Critical Appraisal, June 2, 2020)
- Codeine for Acute Pain: A Synopsis of the Evidence (Tool, January 2020)
- Treating Opioid Use Disorder (Mind the Research Gaps Tool, November 2019)
- In Brief: Programs for the Treatment of Opioid Addiction (Tool, October 2019)
- Programs for the Treatment of Opioid Addiction in Canada (Environmental Scan, September 2019)