Generic Name: sacubitril/valsartan
Brand Name: Entresto
Manufacturer: Novartis Pharma Inc.
Therapeutic Area: Heart failure, NYHA Class II or III
Indications: Entresto is indicated for the treatment of heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF) in patients with NYHA Class II or III, to reduce the incidence of cardiovascular death and heart failure hospitalisation. Entresto should be administered in combination with other heart failure therapies, in place of an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEi) or angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB). Entresto should be initiated, and up-titration conducted, by a physician experienced with the treatment of heart failure.
Manufacturer Requested Reimbursement Criteria1: Addition to the current criteria: Initiation of sacubitril/valsartan may be considered in patients stabilized from a heart failure hospitalization without prior exposure to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEi) or angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB).
Submission Type: Resubmission
NOC Status at Filing: Post NOC
Project Status: Active
Companion Diagnostics: No
Fee Schedule: Schedule B
- The requested reimbursement criteria are provided by the applicant and do not necessarily reflect the views of CADTH. Reimbursement criteria from CADTH will be documented in the final recommendation, if applicable.
|Call for patient input open||March 30, 2020|
|Call for patient input closed||May 20, 2020|
- Patient input submission received from The HeartLife Foundation
|Submission received||May 22, 2020|
|Submission accepted||June 05, 2020|
|Review initiated||June 08, 2020|
|Draft CADTH review report(s) provided to sponsor for comment||September 02, 2020|
|Deadline for sponsors comments||September 14, 2020|
|CADTH responses on draft review report(s) provided to sponsor||October 08, 2020|
|Expert committee meeting (initial)||October 21, 2020|
|Draft recommendation issued to sponsor||November 04, 2020|
|End of embargo period||December 16, 2020|
- Request for extension to embargo period received from sponsor
- Embargo extension request granted
- Reconsideration requested
- Target CDEC reconsideration meeting date to be determined