It's been nearly a century since Canadian researchers discovered a way to treat diabetes using insulin. Since then, many technological advances have made the lives of people living with diabetes longer and easier. CADTH has assessed some of the latest technologies in diabetes care in a new set of Issues in Emerging Health Technologies bulletins.
- Point-of-Care Glycated Hemoglobin Testing to Diagnose Type 2 Diabetes
- A Hybrid Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery System for the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes
- Islet Cell Replacement Therapy for Insulin-Dependent Diabetes
- Flash Glucose Monitoring System for Diabetes
- A Transdermal Glucagon Patch for Severe Hypoglycemia
- Prevention of Plantar Ulcers in People With Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy Using Pressure-Sensing Shoe Insoles