News and Events
CADTH is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019 CADTH Recognition Awards. Learn more here about this year’s recipients who have helped develop, support, and expand the use of health technology assessment in Canada.
CADTH is seeking nominations to its advisory and expert committees. We’re looking for six individuals with significant expertise in the Canadian health care system to join various committees. More information about the roles, the nomination process, honorarium, and time commitments is available here.
It is your last chance to register for the 2019 CADTH Symposium being held in Edmonton from April 14 to 16, 2019. Join us as international, national, provincial, and local experts share their insights on how health technology assessment is itself being transformed to support health system transformation.
Drug Reimbursement Recommendations
CADTH recently issued the following CADTH Canadian Drug Expert Committee (CDEC) drug reimbursement recommendations:
- tofacitinib (Xeljanz) for ulcerative colitis
- reslizumab (Cinqair) for asthma, eosinophilic
- benralizumab (Fasenra) for asthma, severe eosinophilic
- mepolizumab (Nucala) for asthma, severe eosinophilic
- edaravone (Radicava) for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- nusinersen (Spinraza) for Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
CADTH recently issued the following CADTH pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR) Expert Review Committee (pERC) Drug Reimbursement Recommendations:
- brentuximab vedotin (Adcetris) for the treatment of patients with Hodgkin Lymphoma after failure of at least two multi-agent chemotherapy regimens in patients who are not autologous stem cell transplant candidates
- nivolumab (Opdivo) for the adjuvant treatment of adult patients after complete resection of melanoma with regional lymph node involvement in transit metastases/satellites without metastatic nodes or distant metastases
- cabozantinib (Cabometyx) for the treatment of patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma who have received prior therapy.
Optimal Use Recommendations
CADTH recently issued the following Optimal Use recommendations:
- HPV Testing for Primary Cervical Cancer Screening
- Optimal Use of Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery: A Health Technology Assessment (see the In Brief summary here)
- Dual Antiplatelet Therapy Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Clinical and Economic Impact of Standard Versus Extended Duration
- Internet-Delivered Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Major Depressive Disorder and Anxiety Disorders: A Health Technology Assessment (see the In Brief summary here).
CADTH recently completed the following reports:
Rapid Response Reports — Drug
- Hyaluronic Acid Injection for Facial Grooves or Wrinkles: Clinical Effectiveness, Safety, and Guidelines — Summary of Abstracts
- Ivabradine for Adults with Stable Chronic Heart Failure: Clinical Effectiveness — Summary of Abstracts
- Combination Agents for Multiple Myeloma: Comparative Clinical Effectiveness — Summary of Abstracts
- Intranasal Corticosteroids for the Management of Chronic Rhinosinusitis or Nasal Polyposis in Cystic Fibrosis: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness — Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Triple Conventional Synthetic Disease-Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs for the Management of Rheumatoid Arthritis — Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Intravenous Iron Preparations for Patients Undergoing Elective Surgery: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines — Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Inhaled Corticosteroids for Cystic Fibrosis: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness — Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Probiotics for Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea in Pediatrics: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines — Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Biologics versus Immunomodulators or Antibiotics for the Management of Fistulizing Crohn’s Disease: A Review of Comparative Clinical Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness — Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Ulipristal versus Levonorgestrel for Emergency Contraception: A Review of Comparative Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines — Summary with Critical Appraisal (see the In Brief summary here).
Rapid Response Reports — Medical Devices and Systems
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Removal: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines — Reference List
- Electro-Surgery, Cautery, and Surgical Positioning for Surgical Patients in the Operating Room: Guidelines — Reference List
- Tetrasodium Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid for Locking Central Venous Access Devices in Parenteral Feeding: Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines — Summary of Abstracts
- Dedicated Versus Shared Toilet Arrangements for Patients Residing in Acute Care Facilities: Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness and Evidence-based Guidelines — Summary of Abstracts
- Weighted Blankets for Self-Regulation in Pediatrics: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines — Summary of Abstracts
- Vaginal Cleansing Immediately Before Cesarean Delivery: Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines — Summary of Abstracts
- Mohs Surgery for Patients with Skin Cancer: A Review of Guidelines — Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Guided Radiotherapy Delivery Systems for Cancer Treatment: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness and Guidelines — Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Environmental Scan on Health Technology Reassessment Processes
- Reimbursement Status of Newer Drugs for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes in Canada
- Opioid Prescribing and Pain Management: Prescription Monitoring Program Overview and the Management of Acute Low Back Pain
- Non-Opioid Options for Managing Pain
- Monitoring tuberculosis treatment by video: Might convenience increase compliance? (Via Hospital News)
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.