News and Events
CADTH is proud to announce that Suzanne McGurn has officially started her role as the new President and Chief Executive Officer of CADTH. Ms. McGurn was appointed by the CADTH Board of Directors after a comprehensive search that was international in scope. She brings to CADTH significant leadership experience and a deep understanding of the diverse needs of governments, clinicians, patients, and industry. Read our welcome letter.
Health care providers know that relying on opioids alone can be ineffective at treating chronic non-cancer pain and carries substantial risk. In search of the best multifaceted approach, CADTH will hold a webinar on the current evidence on physical activity for chronic, non-cancer pain. Register for the webinar in advance, taking place on September 23, 2020.
Health Canada and CADTH recently announced the intent to co-develop an action plan to optimize the process for systematically using and integrating real-world evidence (RWE) into both regulatory and reimbursement decision-making in Canada. When implemented, this will have a significant impact on how drugs are approved and paid for in Canada. In a new article in Healthcare Policy, authors from CADTH and Health Canada highlight the key opportunities, barriers, and future directions related to the use of RWE throughout the life cycle of drugs in Canada.
The CADTH COVID-19 Evidence Portal is updated regularly with new evidence on the prevention, treatments, and control of COVID-19. If you’re looking for credible answers to your COVID-19 questions, we can help. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, consider submitting a request.
CADTH Reimbursement Reviews
CADTH recently issued the following reimbursement recommendations:
- Kisqali (Ribociclib) for advanced or metastatic breast cancer
- Gilteritinib (Xospata) for acute myeloid leukemia
- Glycopyrrolate (Cuvposa) for pediatric, neurologic, chronic severe drooling
- Naltrexone hydrochloride and bupropion hydrochloride (Contrave) for chronic weight management in adults
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
CADTH recently published the following health technology reviews:
- Health Technology Update Issue 26 – Report
- Ongoing Trials for Novel Vaccines in the Prevention of COVID-19 (Updated on June 24) – Health Technology Review
- Ongoing Trials of Plasma-Based Therapies for the Treatment of COVID-19 (Updated on June 25) – Health Technology Review
- Ongoing Trials for Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) Vaccines in the Prevention of COVID-19 (Updated on June 24) – Health Technology Review
- Adalimumab for Adult Patients with Plaque Psoriasis: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair Device for the Treatment of Tricuspid or Tricuspid and Mitral Regurgitation: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation for Degenerated Mitral or Tricuspid Bioprostheses: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Pioglitazone for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Pre-Diabetes: A Review of Safety – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Experiences and Perspectives of Treatments for Heart Valve Disease: A Rapid Qualitative Review – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Capsaicin for Acute or Chronic Non-Cancer Pain: A Review of Guidelines – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Preoperative Interventions for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infections: A Review of Guidelines – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Gender Affirming Therapy for Gender Dysphoria: A Rapid Qualitative Review – Summary with Critical Appraisal
CADTH Reference Lists
CADTH recently completed the following reference lists:
- Virtual Pulmonary Rehabilitation for Respirator Disease or Post-Intensive Care Syndrome: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Reference List
- Thermal Radiofrequency Neurotomy for the Treatment of Back Pain: Clinical Effectiveness and Safety – a 2020 Update – Reference List
- Screening for Latent Tuberculosis Infection in Post-Secondary Institutions: Clinical Utility, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Occupational Screening for Latent Tuberculosis: Clinical Utility, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Visual Examination Frequency for People Taking Ethambutol for Tuberculosis: Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Gabapentin, Phenobarbital, Diazepam, and Lorazepam for the Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Rapid and Simultaneous Tuberculosis and Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing for the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis and Rifampicin Resistance: Diagnostic Accuracy and Cost-Effectiveness – Summary of Abstracts
- Therapeutic Substitution of Drugs for the Treatment of Tuberculosis: Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
CADTH Horizon Scanning
CADTH recently published the following horizon scans:
- Biomarker-Based Point-of-Care Tests for the Evaluation of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury – Horizon Scan
- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Patients Hospitalized With COVID-19 – Horizon Scan
Other CADTH Tools
CADTH recently developed the following tools:
- Hospital News article: “Weeding through new evidence on medical cannabis”
- KM Tool: The Role of Different Types of Tests in the COVID-19 Pandemic
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.