Step 1: Review the Process and Templates
We recommend that you review the general information on the CADTH Scientific Advice Program, including the Scientific Advice process, prior to submitting your application. You may also want to review the following guidance and templates for use during the process:
- Patient Drug Information Form
- Briefing Book for CADTH Scientific Advice Template
- Briefing Book for Health Canada and CADTH Parallel Scientific Advice Template
- Guidance on the Briefing Book for CADTH Scientific Advice
- Briefing Document Template for NICE — CADTH Parallel Scientific Advice (available on request)
- Briefing Book Guidance for Company for NICE — CADTH Parallel Scientific Advice (available on request)
- Clarification on the Briefing Book for CADTH Scientific Advice Template
- Addendum to the Briefing Book for CADTH Scientific Advice Template
- Clarification on the CADTH Record of Scientific Advice Template
In addition, our Frequently Asked Questions may help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Step 2: Read the Details
An application to the CADTH Scientific Advice Program constitutes the applicant’s agreement with the Program policies, guidelines, and processes, as described on the CADTH Scientific Advice website. As part of your application, you will be required to declare that your company is aware of and agrees to the following:
- Disclaimer for Scientific Advice
- Confidentiality Guidelines for Scientific Advice
- Fee Schedule for Scientific Advice
- Parallel Scientific Advice process (if applicable): agree to the disclosure and exchange of project information between participating organizations. Please see confidentiality and information sharing.
You will also be asked to indicate the permissions, if any, that your company grants in order for CADTH to share company information and information produced through the Scientific Advice Program with patient representatives involved in the Program.
Click here for more information on patient involvement in the CADTH Scientific Advice Program.
Step 3: Submit Online Application Form
Complete and submit the online application form.
You will be required to provide specific information about your drug on the application form. You may want to review the application form ahead of time to ensure that you have collected all the information required.
Some notes about the online application form:
- You must apply at least 18 weeks in advance of your preferred Scientific Advice meeting time period; you are encouraged to apply more than 18 weeks in advance in order to reserve your preferred meeting time period.
- In selecting a time period for your Scientific Advice meeting, consider that your Briefing Book is due 14 weeks before the Scientific Advice meeting.
- The date proposed for the Scientific Advice meeting that you indicate in the application does not guarantee that it is available for booking. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the availability of time periods for meetings.
CADTH Scientific Advice staff will contact you within ten (10) business days of receipt of your application to confirm the eligibility of your product, set a time period for the Scientific Advice meeting, discuss next steps, and answer any questions you may have.