News and Events
Join CADTH on January 16th, 2020, for its first lecture of the 2020 Lecture Series. Dr. Philip Awadalla, PhD, is the National Scientific Director for the Canadian Partnership for Tomorrow Project (CPTP). The CPTP is Canada’s largest population cohort that allows researchers to explore how genetics, environment, lifestyle, and behaviour interact and contribute to the development of cancer and other chronic diseases. Learn more about the lecture and register here.
The deadline for the CADTH Recognition Awards is January 17th, 2020. Nominations are still being accepted for these two prestigious awards for outstanding achievement in the field of health technology assessment in Canada. Learn more about the nomination process and the awards.
CADTH is pleased to share the third alert of the Disinvestment & Early Awareness Interest Group. This alert is part of a collaborative effort from Health Technology Assessment international, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, and CADTH to provide updates on new studies relevant to disinvestment, reassessment, early awareness, and horizon scanning. Learn more here.
Mark your calendars, CADTH is hosting its annual Symposium in Toronto from April 19th to April 21st. Connect with Canadian and international experts in the objective assessment and evaluation of health technologies for three days of education, information sharing, and networking. Registration is set to open at the end of January 2020. Watch for more information at symposium.cadth.ca.
Drug Reimbursement Recommendations
CADTH recently issued the following CADTH Canadian Drug Expert Committee (CDEC) drug reimbursement recommendations:
- Inotersen (Tegsedi) for hereditary transthyretin amyloidosis
CADTH recently issued the following CADTH pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR) Expert Review Committee (pERC) drug reimbursement recommendations:
- Neratinib (Nerlynx) for hormone receptor-positive breast cancer
- Olaparib (Lynparza) for newly diagnosed ovarian cancer
CADTH recently completed the following reports:
Health Technology Assessment
Issues in Emerging Health Technologies
Rapid Response Reports — Drug
- Acetylcysteine for Neuromuscular Disorder Patients Requiring Mucus Secretion Clearance: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Reference List
- Metadol Liquid, Methadose, and Compounded Methadone in Patients Using Opioid Agonist Therapy: Comparative Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines - An Update – Reference List
- Oral Antibiotics Versus IV Antibiotics for Patients With Cellulitis or Soft Tissue Infections: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Bacille Calmette-Guerin Vaccination for Newborns With Severe Combined Immunodeficiency: Safety and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Codeine for Acute Pain for Urological or General Surgery Patients: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Administration of Naloxone in a Home or Community Setting: A Rapid Qualitative Review – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Pilocarpine for Medication-Induced Dry Mouth and Dry Eyes: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Administration of Naloxone in a Home or Community Setting: A Review of the Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-effectiveness, and Guidelines – Summary with Critical Appraisal
Rapid Response Reports — Medical Devices and Systems
- Methadol Liquid, Methadone, and Compounded Methadone in Patients with Opioid-Use Disorder Using Opioid Agonist Therapy: Comparative Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – An Update – Reference List
- Fundus Photography in Eye Examinations: Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Continuous Perioperative Halo Traction for Partial Correction of the Spine in Pediatric Patients: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Fall Risk Assessment Tools in Obstetric Populations: Clinical Utility and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Screening and Treatment of Obstetric Anemia: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Summary with Critical Appraisal
Rapid Response Reports — Non-Pharma Mental Health Intervention
- Group-Based Eating Disorder Treatment Program for Binge Eating Disorder: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- New Evidence Bundle on tuberculosis: www.cadth.ca/tuberculosis
- Summary tool: Preventive Foot Care for Patients With Diabetes: A Summary of Evidence-Based Guidelines
- Hospital News article: When Journals Are Driven By Profit, Not Evidence: Dr. Kelly Cobey Talks About Predatory Journals
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.