If you're looking for independent, evidence-based information on common issues in primary care and clinical practice, you’ll find it here. You may also wish to visit our Evidence Bundles on diabetes, pain, opioids, medical cannabis, prescription drug abuse, and mental health.
We’ve selected the following materials to get you started:
- The Use of Medical Cannabis With Other Medications: A Review of Safety and Guidelines - An Update (Summary With Critical Appraisal, September 2019)
- Evidence Highlights: Internet-Delivered Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Major Depression and Anxiety Disorders (Tool, July 2019)
This summary tool includes a brief background on cognitive behavioural therapy in the treatment of major depression and anxiety disorders; a brief description of internet-delivered cognitive behavioural therapy, the current status of its use in Canada, and its role in the treatment of major depression and anxiety disorders; and evidence highlights from the clinical, economic, patients’ perspectives, ethical, and implementation analyses.
- In Brief: Interventions for Insomnia Disorder (Summary, December 2018)
- Alternatives to Proton Pump Inhibitors (Tool, September 2018)
Provides suggested lifestyle modifications and basic management strategies for GI conditions in an easy-to-print, one-page handout.
- Stool Softeners: Alternative Prescription Pad (Tool, June 2016) — an alternate prescription pad for use by primary care clinicians to suggest ways to treat constipation and explain why stool softeners are not a recommended treatment